Our Privacy Statement
Stellantis South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 1997/014154/07 ("Stellantis" or "we" or "us" or "our") includes many different brands, namely Peugeot, Citroën, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Abarth, Alfa Romeo and Opel. We are an automobile manufacturer who, including but not limited to, sell and provide services and parts for motor vehicles.
Processing of Personal Information
Depending on how you use our services, we process your Personal Information through the www.spoticar.co.za site (the "Website"), the Mobile Application, our call centers, your attendance at our dealerships, or any other interaction with us is lawful, reasonable, and relevant to our business activities, with the ultimate goal of improving our product and service offerings, the Website, the Mobile Application and your experience on the Website, Mobile Application and us in general.
Information We Collect and How We Collect Information
We, as the Responsible Party, use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Website, to develop new services, and to protect us, our services and our users. We also wish to improve our users' experience.
We may receive Personal Information about you or from you in several ways. We collect Information when you:
- access, or use the Website;
- submit a query via the Website;
- create an account on any of our websites;
- use our “Book Online” function;
- contact us via our WhatsApp line;
- phone us or exchange or send us correspondence;
- submit Personal Information to us for any other reason, or authorize third parties to do so;
- call us and our dealers may be recorded and monitored for security purposes and to assist with staff training, under our quality control procedures;
- send information within our chat function, post or similar functionality; and
- access the Website or Mobile Application, we collect information through analytical tools.
Information collected by us depends on how you use our services, website and mobile application. Personal Information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name and surname, email address and phone number, home address, or postal address;
- Your IP address, unique device identifier, the nature of the devices which you use (e.g. a computer, a tablet or smart phone), the geographic location from which you access the Website or Mobile Application (i.e. the geographic location of your Access Device), hardware model and settings, operating system type and version, browser language, system activity, crashes; and
- Server logs (i.e. our web servers automatically record and maintain a log of their activities when users), which may include your "site activity information", such as details of how, when and for how long you accessed and used the Website or Mobile Application and other site traffic and use information URLs, which pages you accessed, the number of pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on those pages, the number of clicks, and exit pages.
How We Use Your Information
Your information is collected for the following reasons:
- to retain and make information available to you on the Website;
- maintain and update our customer, or potential customer, databases;
- diagnose and deal with technical issues and customer support queries and other user queries;
- operate, administer, maintain, secure and develop the Website and the performance and functionality of the Website;
- to conduct market research surveys, research and development;
- communicate with you and keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
- to create user profiles and to analyse and compare how you and other users make use of the Website, including (without limitation) habits, click-patterns, preferences, frequency and times of use, trends and demographics;
- to analyse and compare the kinds of Access Devices that you and other users make use of and where you are using them;
- for other purposes relevant to our business activities, provided they are lawful; and
- for marketing research (including participating in surveys), product analysis and development, sales tracking, or to contact you for marketing or promotional purposes. We may contact you through various media including by telephone, post, email, SMS or multimedia messaging service.
As a company, we include many different brands (“Our Group”). We may share your Personal Information with other entities within our international group of companies, with companies providing a service to us or Our Group including agents and subcontractors, or with our dealers. However, such persons will only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out above. Please note that, other than the third parties listed below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to any other third party whatsoever and we will never sell your Personal Information, without your consent.
Your information may be shared under the following circumstances:
- to our employees, suppliers, service providers and agents if and to the extent that they need to know that information in order to process it for us and/or to provide services for or to us, such as hosting, development and administration, technical support and other support services relating to the Website. We will authorise any information processing done by a third party on our behalf,
- amongst other things by entering into written agreements with those third parties governing our relationship with them and containing confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions;
- to our affiliates, which includes our holding companies and subsidiaries;
- in order to enforce or apply any contract between you and us;
- in order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, service providers, agents and any other third party;
- in order to mitigate any actual or reasonably perceived risk to us, our customers, employees, contractors, agents or any other third party;
- to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, or our customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, service providers, agents or any third party;
- protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, we may proactively disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and/or commercial entities).
Cross Border Flow of Information
We may share your Information with Our Group which means we will share your Personal Information to our international group in foreign countries.
transferred to or stored does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the legally-required steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
In order to ensure the protection of your privacy and Personal Information when transferring and storing your Personal Information, we will only do so if we have your consent and are bound by contract.
Depending on your privacy settings on social media forums, we may receive Personal Information or data regarding your social media profiles and online activities.
We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of retained information, using accepted technological standards to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Information, and protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, alteration or destruction.
From time to time, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to keep up to date with good practice.
Even by taking the above measures when processing Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security considerations are perfect.
We may keep and Process some or all of your Personal Information if and for as long as:
- we are required or permitted by law or a contract with you to keep it;
- we reasonably need it for lawful purposes related to our functions and activities;
- we reasonably need it for evidentiary purposes; or
- you agree to us keeping it for a specified further period.
The Website is not targeted at people under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from persons in this age group without the required consent to do so.
When you provide us with your Personal Information, you agree to receive marketing communications from us.
You may refuse to accept, require us to discontinue, or pre-emptively block any approach or communications from us if that approach or communication is primarily for the purpose of direct marketing.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by requesting us (in the manner set out in the communication or by contacting us at the contact details set out below) to desist from initiating any direct marketing to you.
If you have opted out, we may send you written (which may include electronic writing) confirmation of receipt of your opt-out request, and not send you any further direct marketing communications.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information is accurate, complete, not misleading, and up to date.
The following rights are afforded to you in terms of the protection of Personal Information:
- You may request access to your Personal Information;
- You may withdraw your consent (opt-out) to our use of your Personal Information;
- You may request to correct or change your Personal Information so that it is accurate and up-to-date;
- You may request that we delete your Personal Information; or
- Lodge a complaint with us, however, if you are not happy with how we handle the process, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
please contact us at:
- 0800 247 975 -, on Mondays to Fridays (excluding gazetted national public holidays in South Africa) between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00; or
If you have any queries regarding the access to, correction or deletion of your Personal Information that we hold, please access our PAIA Manual.